Friday, May 15, 2009

Memory Verse for the 15th

"Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

Psalm 90:7

What this verse speaks to me right now, is that I need to prioritize what is really important each and every day.

It means that if I want the wisdom from God I crave - then I'd better do something about it (reading my bible more often and not putting other things over my time with Him in prayer).

It means with school starting for me soon, that I may need to adjust my day. I may need to stop doing some unnecessary things to make the time I will need for schoolwork and studying.

It means let me be aware that our days here are fleeting - to spend my energy and thoughts on what truly matters in this life - loving God and loving others.