Joshua has learned (from TV) about shaking hands.
So, a few minutes ago, as we were snuggling on the couch together, he reaches out with his hand and says, "Let's shake."
So, I shake his hand and say, "Hi, nice to meet you. What's your name?"
He says, "Hi. My name is Joshua."
I say, "Hello Joshua, my name is Kristy."
He looks at me so sweetly - and as if I had said the funniest thing, and says,
"Nooooo (silly), you're not Kristy. Your name is Mom."
Then he reaches up to my face and says, "Your name is My Mommy."
Then he says so adoringly, as his hands are on the sides of my face/hair -
"Oh look at your soft hair."
What a sweet few years - when Mommy and Daddy are everything - his world. When what thrills him is just that I am "His Mommy" - and he even loves my freshly washed, but un-styled "bedtime" hair!
Oh, what love is this? Such sweet love - to cherish for a lifetime.



