Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy Weekend

Well, we had a nice weekend, however it was a busy one.

Friday night me and Jalyn went to decorate for our church's first ever Mother/Daughter Tea.

Saturday was the event. I had to make as many cupcakes as I could - which turned out to be 32. Then bring them to the church. Then get ready (in Christmas attire), and make sure Jalyn was ready. The tea was from 1-3. It was beautiful. My very best friend - Lorri - was the speaker. It was her vision also. We just helped her as best as we could. The topic was on prayer and how God hears us all the time, and how we can pray to Him anytime anywhere. The focus was on teaching the girls this. We had a plate with turkey and ham sandwiches - on croissants (my favorite!), Caesar salad, and grapes. Then there were lots of desserts - all volunteered by the ladies. It was a very special Mother/Daughter event!

Here are some pictures of me and Jalyn - don't mind the one with the top of my head cut off!





Here's one with me and Lorri.



She did such a great job - though she never wants to hear that!

While we were at the tea, Clay was home with the boys. He found time to "revise" our Christmas lights! He put some in the bushes and he put little lit candy canes along the sidewalk. Anyway, the house looks really pretty and festive thanks to all of his hard work!



Sunday was church. Church is always nice, but there was something about this Sunday that felt extra special. You know how it is when you feel such a feeling of warmth - especially being with your sisters in Christ! I so love our church and love all the friends that we have made over the past 5 1/2 years of being there. Even helping clean up after the tea with them was fun!

This week Jacob has 2 projects due - one on Friday and one on Monday. Big Ones! The ones I secretly dread like the plague. SOOO much work goes into them. And if anyone knows anything about Jacob, ALL that work isn't something he looks forward to. Just put it this way - I will feel so much lighter next week.

I just have to say one other thing - that kind of made my day. I took Joshua to lunch at Raising Cane's (my favorite right now). It was the first restaurant we've been to since the whole low - salt thing has come into our lives. I went up to the counter to order. I asked if I could please have the fries with no salt. I started to explain, because for some reason, I thought he would look at me like I was speaking another language, and I would have to explain. He quickly says, "Sure, no problem." Then I smile and pay him. Then he says, "Let me go tell them in the back - just to be sure they see it." I was so happy that it was so easy. So, we sat down to eat, and I got out his little "No Salt" container, and sprinkled away. It felt like a first step for some reason - our first successful restaurant step!