Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yummy Chocolate Cake

I made my very first cake from scratch yesterday.

I know, it seems like something I should have done before now. Actually, I think I have made a sponge cake or angel food cake or pound cake - one or a couple of those - from scratch. But this was my very first chocolate cake.




I can only show half of it, because the other half is already gone.

My husband loves chocolate cake. He also thinks that Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker are just fine - and easy - so why bother with anything else? Well, I just thought it would be fun and interesting to see if I could make anything that could compare with their already tasty cakes.

I got the recipe from the "Good Things Catered" blog.
http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/2008/09/hersheys-perfectly-chocolate-cake.html

There is the link if anyone wants to try their hand at it.

It was very good. I just had my second piece (first of the day!) with a nice cup of coffee.

I'm not positive if I would prefer to go through the "work" of doing it from scratch next time, or if it is just as good as a $2.00 Betty Crocker mix. I should probably ask my hubby - who has more the "expert pallet" for cakes.

Every now and then, it is really nice to do something "the old fashioned way" - I must admit.