Saturday morning started very early for me. I had to bring my 13 yr. old to school at 8 am for a Saturday detention. Goofing around with friends during a school assembly. Don't get me started.
Anyway, I wasn't too happy with having to get up at 7 am on the one day I have to sleep in. It was such a glorious morning though - sunny and cold. I think it had gotten into the 50's that night and morning. I decided that while everyone at home was still sleeping, I would enjoy this little outing alone. I am such a morning person. Everything looks so much prettier and fresh in the morning. It seems everything sparkles in the sunlight.
I drove about a mile past his school to a farmer's market. I had only been there once, because I never get out and about that early on Sat. mornings. I had such a nice time walking around looking at everything. There is a band on a gazebo playing, and all of the vendors setting up their goods.
I bought a basket full of home grown tomatoes, some bell peppers and cucumbers. Then I met this really sweet lady from a local nursery selling plants. I was hesitant to buy any, because I really do not have a green thumb at all. Not with plants that are to bear fruit. Try as I might.
But, I couldn't resist. I bought this beautiful pepper plant - full of peppers - for $3.00!

Then I bought this "Lemon Thyme" - it is so pretty and so fragrant!

Then, I got this basil plant.

Now, I have to think of some recipes for all of these - not necessarily in the same dish!
I then put my goodies in my car and walked across the street to a bead shop. Well, it was lovely - and the people were friendly. After being in there, I realized what a novice I really am - buying beads at Hobby Lobby and Walmart. They had almost any bead imaginable - at prices I couldn't have imagined. It was out of my league - price wise! I bought a couple breast cancer beads and made 2 pretty bracelets already. I also bought a few other little beads - I think I spent a whole $3.00 in there. The lady told me that they have classes twice a week, and I think I will take one - all you have to "pay" is just $15 worth of products from their shop (which would be all too easy to do).
Sunday morning we all went to church, went to eat at Italian Pie (delicious pizza), then came home. It was just too pretty outside, so we all decided to go for a walk (minus hubby - as he was watching football). We walked behind out house, on a levee (shouldn't all neighborhoods in Louisiana be surrounded by a levee?), and then into the woods. Our nature walk was so nice. After you go into the woods for a short ways, you come across a little lake/pond. It is so pretty - and I saw 3 fish just jump right out of the water - trying to catch dragonflies!
On our walk back home, I had to pick some of these wild flowers.

It is so nice having fresh flowers in a vase - so cheery. I think as soon as these die, we will have to make another trip to the levee to pick more! This time I will bring scissors with me though!



