Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Ramblings

Just a laaaazzzyyy Friday here with me and Joshie.

It's 12:07 and I am still in my PJ's. I'm sorry honey (who is hard at work).

To brighten his day (and mine), I did just whip together his (our) new favorite chocolate cake. I got the recipe off the Beth Moore Blog. It is a swiss choc. cake. You just take a regular choc. cake mix, mix it w/ a small box of vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup of oil, 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and 3 eggs. I poured them into 2 round pans and am now waiting for my oven to preheat. I always forget to do that sooner. For the icing, you beat together 1 package of cream cheese (softened) with one cup of powdered sugar, then fold in one container of cool whip. They have you also folding in pecan and crushed candy bar or something, but I think it's sweet enough - I tend to like things on the plain side. Anyway - I'm talking DE-LISH!!

This morning I did something I don't usually do. I got up (a little late, I didn't even hear my alarm clock/cell phone!), anyway, it was just in time to wake Jacob up - thankfully. Then I got him off to school, then got Jalyn up and off. Then I had my prayer time. Now, I truly cherish this time in the morning when I am ALONE, before Joshua gets up (love him as I do, I do enjoy some quiet time). And what did I do with my time? I went back to bed! I never do that. I always feel as if I am wasting precious time. Anyway, I woke up at 9:40! He was still sleeping! So, I got to have a few more minutes to myself before he woke up. I guess I really needed the little bit of extra sleep. I am still adjusting to this whole going back to school thing.

When I tried to wake Jalyn up this morning, in between all her stretching and moaning, she was muttering, "I hate school!", over and over again. I said, "It's only the first week - you have a long way to go", while feeling pretty much the same thing as her.

I guess I should really begin to make myself presentable to the rest of the world - or at least to my family!!

Thank you Lord, it is Friday!