I met a great friend for breakfast - her treat. She had a pretty silver bracelet for me, with crosses, and hearts and the words, "faith, hope and love" on it, and a few other goodies.
Then me and Josh went to do a little birthday shopping for Mama!
Then on to the park.

We had to stop by the big "tree frog" and "sit a spell". Actually, it was more like someone exerting his independence, wanting to climb up and down the great tree frog without his mommy holding on to any part of him! And he shook my hand off, if I did try to help him. All the rocks and tree roots at the bottom of his could-be fall should have looked threatening to him - but no! Only to a mother, I guess.


Then we went to visit my brother in law, who is working here in town, and came across this great little beach on the lake. We HAD to stop.

We took in the water's breathtaking views. (And throw seashells in - of course)
It really did feel wonderful, looking at the lake, feeling the breeze. It's easy to be reflective and happy when looking at such a beautiful, relaxing view. I began to think I could really live on the water, if only hurricanes did not exist.

We had to lay out in the sand! (or wallow in it?!)

And as I was vividly aware I was starting to burn - I had to scoop this little boy up and make a run for the car. Thankfully none of my kids have my fair skin - so he was fine. My shoulders on the other hand, were - "ouch". I was prepared for the screaming - but another birthday blessing - he just said, "Bye-bye water" as we made our way to the car - me trying to shake as much sand off of us as I could.



