
Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I hope ya'll have a special day with your kids/families!
My favorite Mother's Day "presents":
2 Days ago, I was outside with Joshie, watching him while he was playing with the hose in the front yard. Jake, who had been in a down/sad mood over something all evening, walks outside. He's just standing there.
I said, "Jake, you're reaching the age where Mama can't do simple things to make you happy anymore. Other than buying you things, it's not like Joshie, where I can let you play with the hose to make you happy."
He says the best gift part. "Mom, you make me happy." Pause.
"You make me happy all the time."
Well, I could have done a cart wheel, (if I still can), out of sheer happiness, but you know, I had to play it a little cool. But I did say, "Jake, that is the best Mother's Day present you could have given me."
Then last night, as we were about to go to sleep. Me and Clay are laying in bed, with Joshie in between us (of course). It's dark in the room, except for the glow of the TV. He looks at me, then at Clay, and says, "Joshie's happy." It was too sweet!!!
Jalyn is still sleeping, but yesterday she asked me to look for something in her room, and I opened her desk drawer, and she said, "Mom, that's where all your Mother's Day stuff is!" So, I closed it up. She's still sleeping, so I will have to wait and see!
There's nothing else I would rather have from each of them.



