Okay, something happened to me on vacation that I am trying to maintain. We rented a house during the trip, and we didn't buy many groceries, we would mainly eat a little something for breakfast at the house, go to one of the parks and walk for miles. I packed snacks for the kids while we were at the parks. Then later we would leave and get something for dinner.
Okay - so here is what happened to me. I ONLY ATE WHEN I WAS HUNGRY! Sounds simple right? Not so. Not when I am home, and pass my kitchen full of food 100 times a day. Pass it, what am I talking about, I am mostly IN it. Clay already lives by this motto, eat when hungry. His mom didn't make the traditional 3 meals a day rule, they just ate when they were hungry, I think she usually just made dinner. Me, on the other hand, was brought up to never miss a meal. (It's morning- eat breakfast, it's noon - gotta get lunch - right after school - here's dinner. Oh, you're going to bed - here's some milk and cookies!)
I have eaten by looking at the clock and deciding it's time to eat, or passing my pantry and thinking - oh that looks good, I'll have some. Never have I been led strictly by whether I am hungry or not.
This may not be a revelation to anyone else, but it is for me. And you know what, during the trip, I found that more often than not, I wasn't hungry all that much. Even after walking all day, when we would go get dinner, I could have passed. Here at home, I can't pass on anything!
So, we shall see, can I do this? Knowing me, probably not!



