Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rainy Day

It's a cold, dark, rainy day today. Perfect. I love to be busy and on the go, but it's so nice when you are occasionally forced to stay home, and catch up on things you usually put off.
So, it's just me and Joshua home. I would have liked to have kept the older two home today if I could have. But, I do enjoy these days, when Joshua is little, and it's the two of us. Just like Jacob and Jalyn each had their times when our days were spent alone together, filled with things like running errands, buckling and unbuckling them out of car seats, sippy cups, happy lunches out, days at the park, pbs, nickelodeon and noggin on the tv.
Yesterday me and Joshua went to Target, bright and early. And as usual, (when we go to Target), we skip breakfast and go straight for the pizza there. As we were sitting there, sharing a pepperoni pan pizza, it took me back to the days Jacob was little. When we lived in Michigan, there was the coolest mall. It was where he took his first steps. (No, it wasn't because I was shopping all the time!) There was the neatest play place in the middle of the mall, with giant waffles, and blueberries, and strawberries, and a bowl of cereal, and even bacon to slide on. It was all soft and climbable. He was trying to get from a blueberry to a strawberry, or vice versa.
Anyway, there was a little Pizza Hut there in the mall, and Jacob loved pizza or "pa-tee" as he called it. We would always stop in there, and get the pepperoni personal pan pizza to share.
And so, in Target yesterday, looking at Joshua eating his pizza, it took me back to those years with Jacob, and now here I am 11 years later, getting to enjoy it all over, with another little one of mine.
I am so mindful that these years with my kids are the sweetest of life. Hard many a time, but really sweet and really great.